Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships is open for all the Canadian citizens, Canadian permanent resident and foreign students for good career.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
Canadian government is here again to sponsor an award or a scholarship that will change anyone’s life that happen to get it.
This scholarship is situated at Canada, meaning that anyone that gets it will live and study in Canada. The scholarship is specifically for PhD Degree (graduate scholarship). Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation.
Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
Brief Description of the Scholarship
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD). PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research
An eligible doctoral program must include a significant research component that leads to the completion of a thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital and/or exhibit that is merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level as requirement for a completion of the program.
Joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD /PhD) as well as clinically-oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have a significant autonomous research component, as described above.
Target group for this great opportunity are for Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
Eligibility for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- be nominated by only oneCanadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD /PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- have completed no more than 20 monthsof doctoral studies as of 1 May 2022
- have completed no more than 32 monthsof full-time study in their doctoral program, by 1 May 2022 if: enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD. Applicants that fall into this category have access to the 32-month window whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program; or accelerated directly from a Bachelor’s to a PhD (no time spent in a Master’s program); or accelerated from a Master’s degree into a Doctoral program without obtaining the Master’s degree.
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Method or Processes of Application
You are to carry out your application following the rules and the guidelines in order to stand a chance of being selected as one of the beneficiaries.
- You are expected to carry out your application using the school Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
- Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
- The applications are carried out in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
- Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system.
- The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 2 November 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Studying abroad or getting opportunity to study outside your home country is quite good but getting the chance to study in Canada is another good thing that will ever happen to you as a student.
The scholarship is for both Canadian citizens, Canadian permanent resident and for foreign students. You will stand a chance of meeting many people of different ethnic groups and learning many cultures.