Here is US Embassy African Fulbright Research Scholar Program 2023/ 2024 basically for Africans willing to take charge of their academic.
Africa is one of the continents of the world that really need help when it comes to almost all aspect of life and that is why there are lots of opportunity out there for students that are from African countries and also probably middle east.
That is why, in this post we are going to discuss about another opportunity for African scholars from different African countries.
Hence, the Public Affairs Section of the Embassy of the United States of America hereby announces the Fulbright African Research Scholar Program (FARSP) for the 2023-2024 academic session.
The FARSP is administered by the United States Department of State by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES). Interested candidates for the Research Scholar Program are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
US Embassy Fulbright African Research Scholar Program
Thus, it might interest you to know that the FARSP offers two (2) categories of grants which include:
- program and curriculum development grants.
- the research grants
Program and Curriculum Development Grants
Awards of 3 to 5 months are offered for senior faculty or administrators to conduct research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution.
Moreover, proposals should be linked to professional duties and demonstrate how the candidate will use the knowledge gained to develop new courses, curricula, or other academic programs at the home institution.
Awards of 3 to 9 months are offered for senior faculty to conduct post-doctoral research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution.
Furthermore, applicants must hold a doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in their fields. Preference will be given to individuals who have at least three years of university teaching experience and a productive scholarly record.
Eligibility and Criteria for US Embassy African Fulbright Research
Please ensure to have met all the criteria and eligibility before proceeding to carry out the application so as not to be disqualified in the end.
- An intended applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria or a permanent resident, and should hold a valid Nigerian passport.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright scholar grant and without experience or limited experience in the U.S.
Method or Processes of Application
Please note below in mind to avoid making mistakes;
- Hence, for Candidates in the South/ South- East/ South West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Finally, for Candidates in the North-Central/North-East/North-West of Nigeria please address the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja.
Note: Applications must be completed online at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2023
Please also ensure to refer to the official website below for any information concerning the application procedures and other things that might be needed.
Therefore, this might sound easy and simple but I urge you to take it very serious if you really want to apply for this, make sure to read line to line of this post to be able to get it accurate.
Make sure to start your application only when you have met all the necessary requirements for this application so that all your struggles wont be in vain.