Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia is here for all international students.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia is presented to those with undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
The number of this scholarship is not specified so it can contain as many students as possible. But you are also to note that this award is for all international students all at University of British Columbia in Canada.
Brief Description for Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
The University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Established in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest university.
The university ranks among the top three universities in Canada.
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
Scholarship value for Karen McKellin International Leader
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need.
Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
Application instructions for the Scholarship
To apply for the International Scholars program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee.
Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December 2021. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 1 February 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Method or processes of application
For anyone who is willing to apply for this great offer should ensure to visit the schools official website for scholarship and carry out the application to stand a chance of being accepted, also note to make your application on time to avoid disqualification due to delay.
Official Scholarship Website: http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia can be your chance to explore in the academic world.
So you have to make sure to acquire all the requirements needed so as to be taken in the end.